Recently failed smog/emissions test (within last 6 months)
Model year 1999 or older (1999, 1998, 1997...)
Has resided in CA for the past 2 years
Under your ownership for at least 6 months
Household income must be at or below 400% of federal poverty level. We use a copy of your tax return or W-2 for your most recent year to determine household income and number of persons in household.
You must reside within the jurisdiction of the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District.
Approved “Disadvantaged Community” zip codes may receive higher incentives. Many neighborhoods in the Valley are designated as DAC – please contact us to find out if your address qualifies.
1. $500 smog repair voucher from a Tune In & Tune Up event, or a recent failed ASM emissions test (within the past 6 months)
2. 2 years vehicle registration (2018 – present if you have it)
3. 2 years proof of vehicle insurance (2018 – present if you have it)
4. Vehicle title (You must have owned your car for at least 6 months) (Needs to be under your name for at least 6 months)
5. First 2 pages of 2019 1040 tax return (You can cover the SSN, we don’t need it)
6. First page of current PG&E or SoCal Edison bill (It does not have to be under your name)
7. Valid CA Driver’s License
If you qualify for a plug-in replacement vehicle, we will help you apply for other rebates that you are eligible through your utility provider! Our team will guide you through the application and send it in for you. You must live at an address covered by PG&E or SCE to apply.
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: 209-808-2939 or 559-852-9282 or 661-372-4112.
Visit our FAQ page here.
Drive Clean in the San Joaquin is a program of the Valley Air District.