What is Vehicle Replacement?
The Drive Clean in the San Joaquin program will replace your old vehicle with a newer, cleaner model!
Bring your current vehicle to one of our Saturday Tune In & Tune Up events for a FREE emissions test. Once you obtain proof of emissions failure, you can submit an application!
You can also attend one of our Thursday night events to drop off your application materials and speak directly with our team.
After your application is approved, you can shop for a newer, cleaner car at one of our authorized dealers. We will write the check for the down payment. The amount of incentive check that you receive is dependent on your income level and the type of new vehicle you purchase. Cleaner vehicles receive higher incentives! We encourage our customers to upgrade to the cleanest models possible. New vehicles must be 2011 or newer and meet our MPG requirements.
We will collect your old car for retirement on the day that you take home your new vehicle. All retirement cars are destroyed and recycled so that they are no longer able to pollute our Valley air!
- Recently failed smog/emissions test (within last 3 months)
- Gas powered
- Model year 1999 or older (1999, 1998, 1997...)
- Has resided in CA for the past 2 years
- Under your ownership for at least 6 months
- Household income must be at or below 400% of federal poverty level. We use a copy of your tax return or W-2 for your most recent year to determine household income and number of persons in household.
1. Voucher from the event or recent failed emissions test (within last 3 months)
2. 2 years registration (2016 – present)
3. 2 years proof of insurance (2016 – present)
4. Vehicle title
5. First 2 pages of 2017 1040 tax return (You can mask the SSN – we don’t need it!)
6. PG&E bill
7. Driver’s License
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Call us at: 209-898-5922 or 209-451-8987